Thursday, January 7, 2010

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has set eternity in the hearts of man; yet they cannot fathom what God has done beginning to end.





This is the pom-pom wreath I made a week or two ago. I used "I love this yarn" from Hobby lobby in white and peacock. I used the clover pom pom makers in large. Its very easy to make.

You just take a plain wreath (in my case I used foam) and wrap it in cloth (I used a cut up pillowcase!) LOL Then you just make bunches of pom poms! As you can see I had no definite pattern, just randomly placed pom-poms. If you are familiar with the Clover pom-pom maker then you know that you have to tie the pom pom before taking it off of the device. Well, when you do that leave enough yarn that you can tie to the wreath. (approximately 6 inches, depending on the size of wreath you use.

You may be asking why teal and white? Well, last year at Wal-Mart right after Christmas we found these really great teal and white snowflakes. This year we hung them up where we hang our hanging baskets (on yarn no less! ) So it made the most sense to just match those!

At first I ran out of yarn ( it took 4 skeins, two of each color) I had only bought 2 skeins. At first I wanted to be stingy and just leave it the way it was, but I knew every time I looked at it, that I had not done the best I could do so I decided just to finish it.


As you can see its pretty scrawny looking and as far as God goes with people scrawny is okay! But for a wreath its NOT acceptable! : )

So in the end it had three layers of pom-poms. On the outside, inside and on the front.

In retrospect I wish I would have used Valentine colors. I didn't even think about it : ( And I LOVE the color pink! I would have used a heart shaped wreath too! How cool would that have been?! But anyways, I didn't and now I have other things to do, so maybe I will make one next year!

My next wreath I want to make I want to do for Easter, in pastel colors, pink, yellow, blue, white. Maybe find some type of Easter figurine to sit in the middle, A cross, maybe? I don't know. We will see : ) Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Tina said...

WOW! That's really pretty. Good job girl.

Ameena said...

Wow, this is absolutely beautiful!! Valentine's Day colors would be stunning as well!