Friday, September 26, 2008

TWILIGHT OBSESSION!!

My first Hydrangea bloom!!!
The hydrangeas in front of the porch
The walkway my honey installed on Sunday and Monday! Isn't he GREAT?!
Its Beautiful thanks to my very mechanically inclined husband!
So I haven't posted anything in a while and that is for several reasons. The first reason is I have been obsessed with the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. My sister-in-law was the one who introduced me to these books. I had heard several conversations between her and my other sil about "vegetarian vampires." That really had me skeptical to try these books well that along with the fact it is young adult. And I hate to say it, but I don't really like teenagers and I was afraid that the characters would be really immature and childish. On the contrary I started it and discovered to my utter amazement that I was becoming obsessed with Edward Cullen!!! Yeah the "vegetarian vampire"!!! So I read the first book (Twilight) on Thursday and the second book (new moon) on Friday/Saturday . So I was ready for the third book on Monday. (we had been working out in the yard so I didn't have time to read it on Sunday and my honey took a vacation day on Monday :) So we call my sil and ask her if they have the third book and her son was reading it!!! I was like getting to the point of jitters by this time b/c I wanted it so bad!! He said he would be done by today, but I had already been bitten (lol) so we made a quick stop by wal-mart to buy the third book. Yeah I now have my "thirst" lol under control so I am trying to slow down and savor it.


The second thing is on Sunday I went to see MAMMA MIA with my other sil Amy. The movie was the sing a long version. Which meant every time and I do mean EVERY TIME they sang a song they put up the lyrics like karaoke! And when Amy called to ask if anyone had actually ever sung they said no. well lucky me. The woman who sat behind me decided that she needed to sing. And even funnier that that There was a sad part and I kinda got watery eyes and before I could try that 1 tear that threatened to drop they put up some lyrics and nothing makes me less likely to cry that karaoke!! So that actually turned into something funny! So I am recommended that the next time you go watch a musical at the theater get the sing a long version. Its funnier.

The Third thing is.. gardening. I have become a maniac planning my "garden" well I mean eventually it will encompass at least 75% of the back yard. My husband is of course panicking, he doesn't like flowers "he has allergies" or so he keeps saying when I ask him what he thinks of my hydrangeas. I am just so excited about finally having a garden that I can be proud of and invest my time in. And even though he has "allergies" he is very happy that I am happy. So that's all a girl can ask for. :)


So here I am now.

No comments: